Stupid but sweeeet!

Ok so this isn't like OMG amazing compared to what others can do but for me it's huge. 

I did 500 steps on my elliptical.  I turned the thing on, pressed the step counter and just went with it.  I wanted to see if I could do it, and I did it.

Let me explain why this is awesome.  Normally I can't do more than 2 minutes on this thing, because my knees, ankles and shins are screaming at me.  It's not that I can't keep up or I'm out of breath, it's that it HURTS after only 2 minutes.  I did 5 minutes and 55 seconds, 500 steps.  I made myself do it even though about 1 minute in I hurt so bad I didn't want to move.

I stopped every time the pain got too much to stretch my legs out and it worked.  I was able to do it and not slowly I might add.  I wanted to see how fast I could go and how long, just to test it.  And I kept my speed up, only slowing down when I needed to stop.  I'm not sure how fast I was walking I didn't pay attention to that, I watched the steps count down and that only.  But I was going fast enough that I couldn't sing along with my music, and that was the speed I was wanting.

Normally, I can carry on a conversation and don't even break a sweat, which probably means I didn't break 100 steps all those times.

I was grinning like a moron when the thing beeped and told me I'd made it.  I FREAKING MADE IT.  It may seem small and kinda funny that this is huge for me, but I've only made it passed 5 minutes a time or two.  As little as this is, it's a big step for me.

YAYAYAYAY....now if only I could lose some damn weight then I'd really be happy ;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!