Something small is a good thing

So my hubs told me about a site that I've been using now for about three weeks.  I've been sitting on this, trying to decide whether I like it or not and whether it's worth mentioning.

This morning I decided it's time to share. 

Have you heard of SparkPeople?  Go check it out, and I promise you it's a pretty nifty website.

Not to mention it's FREE!!! Who doesn't like free right?

I love that it's not a 'Lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks' kinda diet.  There are stages, you make your goals for each stage and once you've accomplished them you move on to the next stage.  It makes it easier and more realistic to follow.  And these are SMALL goals mind you, so you get into the habit of tracking something. 

My goals for instance are:  Measure one meal once a day, exercise for 10 minutes every day and listen to one uplifting song every day.  I almost always get two out of three...the 10 minute workout is the one that kicks my butt.  It's the one I always forget.  Once I get these consistently every day, I can move to the next stage...so no I haven't moved up yet.  That's my own fault and not that of the website. 

But even though I haven't been following it 100%, I've lost three pounds.  Because I eat way too little for a few days then eat way too much for a few, the goal of keeping track of one meal a day helps me avoid this.  I may not log what I'm eating every meal, but I do remember how much I have left after lunch to know how much I should eat for dinner. 

This sight has message boards, success stories and even blogs!  Not to mention tons of articles about a healthy lifestyle.  You can even sign up for one of their many challenges and chat with others who are doing it too!  Plus it has a free app for your phone.

Needless to say, I recommend checking out this website. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!