My last post was about Herbalife, and while I'm still on it I'm not seeing the results I'd like. Of course part of that is because my scale now hates me and standing on it 8 times gets me 8 different readings. From saying I haven't lost a thing to saying I've lost 7lbs at most (we're going to replace the batteries to see if it's the culprit but I can affect a scale sometimes just like I can screw up a radio if I step near it). I can fit into a pair of jeans that I couldn't before, and by fit I mean I can actually zip them and move in them NOT wear them outside, but that's the only pair I can. My shirts are also a little looser. So I know I've lost something, maybe still at 5 pounds or so. One of the reasons I don't think I'm losing is that I'm still not used to the shakes even though I found one I like (cookies and cream). The past two weeks I've noticed that after a shake I feel queasy and figured out that if I ate something small like a piece of toast the feeling would go away. I have added a banana with my shake and a piece of toast if I don't have any, which you aren't supposed to do. But by lunch time when I have to do it again I don't want to, I'm rarely hungry at lunch time now and I have to force myself to drink it. Also that first week I didn't eat snacks and lost weight, but the second week I added a snack and everything seemed to stop. I was told to eat snacks and I've been trying, but now the scale doesn't seem to be moving down any farther than 5 pounds this past week. And then dinner comes around and I'm starving, like I could eat a whole cow with all the sides you can think of and 10 gallons of sweet tea to top it off. I end up eating more than I should because I'm so hungry and because I miss chewing so badly I don't want to stop. I'm starting to think that this diet isn't for me. The vitamins I like though, and I will continue to take them.
Something else has been bothering me about this diet is that it's not teaching me how to eat better or making me eat better necessarily. I'm supposed to be eating healthy dinners and snacks, but there is no watching of calories per say and no portioning, its just eat better for you food with the shakes and you'll start dropping weight. Well I need portion control and I need healthier alternatives to food so I can maintain the weight loss once it's gone. The program says that once you've reached your goal you maintain by drinking one shake a day, but if I haven't gotten portion control down and better sides and dishes then I'll start gaining it all back. Unless I start making this a priority now, and a huge one, these shakes won't help me in the long run. Oh and the fact that it's not teaching my family either is another kicker. My hubby hasn't slowed down on his food intake at all and hasn't lost a pound.
So, with the price being somewhat expensive even though it does replace two of your meals every day, it's not teaching me better eating habits and I have barely lost weight nor is it benefiting my family, and so I'm saying goodbye to it once I'm out of the shake mix. I paid for it, I might as well eat it right?

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!