I swore I wouldn't take another diet pill ever again. I've tried a bunch and none ever did a thing for me, didn't even get the energy they promise. Nor would I do another weird fad diet, other than Weight Watchers because there's only so much cabbage soup I can handle or so many grapefruits I can stomach before my face becomes puckered 24/7. So this is a secret and you are not allowed to tell anyone ;).
A friend of mine has been talking about this stuff called Herbalife for over a month. I've actually seen others on Facebook talking about it too but never paid attention to it. It's a gimmick, it's a lose weight quick with diet pill junk that I would not do, so why pay attention? But this friend of mine was talking about how much energy she had and how great she feels and of course the fact that she's lost like 13 pounds in a little over a month. That 13 was the kicker and I was like hmm, a month and you're down that much? That's like awesome, that's like a DREAM to be down that much in a month without exercise. And so I caved.
The way the system works is you replace two meals with two shakes (kinda like Slimfast) and you take the vitamins they have, which can just be two or you can go up to some crazy number like 12 different ones. I'm guessing, but there are a lot of different pills, one for sleeping (which is my next purchase), one for moods (next purchase), one for fat blocking, one for extra energy, on and on it goes and there are even shakes and vitamins for kids as well as lotions and perfume. These people are trying to cover it all, haha. My friend warned me that the first week is HORRIBLE, but you know how that goes I thought it couldn't be that bad. Labor is horrible and I got through it twice, without meds, I can handle this. The vitamins and the shakes do this detox kinda thing and when she said horrible, she frickin meant it.
You know how weak, jittery and drained you feel a day or so after you've had a terrible bout of flu? You can hold stuff down and you are feeling a little better, technically it's over but you still feel like you've been run over by a Mack truck? That's how it felt from Monday until yesterday. I couldn't concentrate very well and things seemed to be behind. For instance, on Monday I was sitting in line waiting to pick up my son Bailey from school. I meant to push the break to put my car in drive so I could move with the line, but instead I hit the gas. In my head I was like 'Oh that wasn't the break, that was the gas, hmmmmmm' normally my foot would come off the gas ASAP but that thought took forever to process then my foot came off the pedal seconds later and people were staring. Totally freaked me out because I knew it lasted far longer than it should have, probably a good minute, and when I got home I sent my hubby a message that it would probably be best if he came home as soon as he could. And he stayed home with me for two days. My legs felt like jello, the room spun, I felt like I couldn't open an envelope I was so weak and drained. Plus I couldn't sleep, it's like the vitamins kicked in at night and although I was tired, my eyes wouldn't stay closed long and my brain was on extreme fast forward and I couldn't even think a complete thought. I tossed and turned, I barely slept which added on to the icky feeling. It was HORRIBLE.
It's now day #5 and I feel MUCH MUCH better. I'm back to normal so to speak. I'm not exhausted by 2pm, I have energy but I'm not jittery energized and can't stop moving, I just have energy. But the best part is, I'm already down 2.5 pounds! In 5 days, 2.5 pounds, can you just giggle? The shakes aren't too bad, I mean it's not like drinking chocolate milk or a chocolate milkshake, but it's chocolaty and it's good. The next flavor I'm trying is the cafe latte or whatever it is, but they have strawberry, vanilla, cookies and cream and a tropical one even. They also have tea, which I just got in yesterday and am trying for the first time. This one is raspberry, and it's already fairly sweet so this sweet tea girl is happy. I will say though that so far it's not all that yummy but I did just have my shake and that flavor is still in my mouth and affecting the flavor. I had a piece of cheese the other day after a shake it was NASTY, so I'm hopeful that it's just the shake making it taste funky.
I won't lie, I miss chewing and all of a sudden I'm craving food again like I did while pregnant. I'm like oh man a nice big hamburger sounds good and thick and chewy, let's do that. Or ooooh take out pizza and it's so chewy and greesy...see the trend? I normally love the sound of food but I don't sit and obsess about it unless I'm knocked up. And most of the time I'm not even hungry! The flavors aren't like insanely delicious either, in my opinion but others absolutely love the taste. It's drinkable and you start to get used to it after a few days.
But, I've lost weight already and I have had a Pepsi three times this week (up from one see the weird cravings comes in there too), ice cream twice (again cravings), a burger and fries, and pasta two days in a row and still lost weight. That's like AWESOME! The vitamins are just that, herbs and no chemical crap filler, just herbs. And the shakes are meal replacements filled with vitamins and protein, it's so great that in California (or so the story goes) they give this stuff out to homeless people.
I'm going to see how much I can lose in a month and then decide if I'm going to keep doing this or not. It's not exactly cheap, although it does replace two meals a day which takes off the cost of food. I typically don't eat much for breakfast and I have left overs for lunch most days. For me, I'm not saving all that much, but if I can lose some weight I'll do it for a while. Now if only I can get our menu/diet in check so that I can
keep it off...sigh.

1 comments:
Hi, I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I love your blog, and I'm your newest follower, please stop by my blog and if you like it, PLEASE follow me back!
www.romanianprincess.com
XoXo Nicole Mariana
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!