New plan....LOTS of homework.

No matter how hard I try I cannot measure, calculate or remember what I've ate throughout the day.  I'm just too distracted by everything to keep track.  What was once extremely easy and simple with results immediately, has turned into damn near impossible and not even a flicker of a change.

Obviously what I'm doing isn't working and instead of bitching and moaning about it, I HAVE to change it somehow.  I'll never see the weight drop if I continue this way, and that is soooo not what I want.

I have three different diet books I've accumulated somehow and they are all basically the same concept of low carbs, but each has their own swing on it.  One of them, is far too strict for me.  Now I don't snack, I don't indulge in sweets all the time, and I don't have to keep a bag of my favorite chips or bottle of pop handy at all times.  BUT I love fruits and veggies, I love pasta and bread, I love milk and creamer, etc. and according to one of these diets I'd practically give it all up.  Um nope, no thank you.  I do not work on the 'can't have it, can't see it, must forget it exists' crap.  I do much better with 'you can have it in moderation'.  That rebel inside me peaks her head out and becomes quit cranky if I don't have some wiggle room.  So my thought is seeing what combining two or all of them will do for me.

Instead of cutting out something entirely, I'm going to start by cutting back slowly.  Again, I'm not good at drastic, one day I can have it the next day can't tactics.  It makes me crave things I don't normally crave, and want things that before I could have a bite or two and be happy but now HAVE TO EAT THE WHOLE THING.  All of them have a two week start up plan, before you move into the next phase, so why not try this for two weeks and see what happens?  If I don't notice anything, then I'll buckle down and pick one and follow it 100%. 

Since it's Christmas week, and we have two more parties and our own dinner here at home all within three days, it wouldn't be the best time to try any of these techniques.  I'm sure some experts would say it's the best time.  Ahem, screw you.  But I am going to see what I can start scaling back on now just in case.

I'm hoping from now on I have more positive posts.  I don't know about you but I'm tired of my whining.

1 comments:

Estell said...

:[ it'll be ok. keep trying. I dont think I've had any progress...woo hoo lol

Post a Comment

Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!