I'm using that term loosely because we're not following any diet 100%. Yes yes I know, how dare us, half assed trying pshaw. Bite me.
According to the three low carb books I have, although we've been eating healthy, most of what I was making was carbs. I thought it was healthy steaming corn putting a little no calorie butter spray in it and a dash of salt, but it seems corn is a carb. WHAT?! I for sure thought that carb meant processed crap, or pasta or bread or something man made. Not fruits and veggies. It just doesn't make sense. Shouldn't all things natural be the best foods to eat? It's not like I was making mashed potatoes or french fries all the time, I was making corn, carrots, tomatoes, etc, all healthy sides but mostly carb sides. If these diets are legit, and aren't proven to be 100% BS in the next 6 months, I am way off and so terribly wrong.
Because I'm not one of those that responds to no you can't have it, we're just cutting back instead. I've planned all low carb meals this week, and plan to do the same from now on. But I will not however give up my creamer in my coffee. NOPE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME! You try getting three hours of interrupted sleep and being sick with a cold with one very sick toddler and not have your favorite cup of joe. IT'S MURDER WAITING TO HAPPEN I TELL YOU! This also means no yogurt and fruit for breakfast for a while, gasp the audacity that this is unhealthy still confuses me. No toast with butter/fruit either. No cereal for breakfast either. Sigh. I thought my mini wheat's were a healthy choice, it's full of fiber and I don't even drink all the milk, but apparently they are 45grams of carbs...ouch. I'll be avoiding the above things for a few weeks, or at the very least cutting back as much as possible without making me suddenly crave ice cream with bacon sprinkles...which is what happens when I take something away that I love. Seriously.
Since we still have some left over goodies from Xmas, and I was brainwashed into the whole 'clean plate is a happy plate' and 'we waste nothing' mantra's, it's been interesting to keep to this rule plus not over do it. I think I pulled it off very well yesterday. But today, with my eyeballs barely focusing on what's around me and my body too achy and weak to want to wash any dishes, I poured a bowl of my cereal and chopped up a banana in it. So I've started off today with a carb bomb, but it hasn't killed my entire 'diet'. Even though I'm disappointed in myself for giving in and not finding it in me to make scrambled eggs, I know I am putting more thought into what I eat and that is the biggest improvement.
Oh and no weigh in...since nothing has changed but that is actually awesome considering all the lovely bad for me goodies I've consumed this holiday season.

1 comments:
i was pretty bummed about fruits and veggies being a carb too. everyone tells us to eat more fruits and veggies. lol
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!