Why? Because yesterday I did the fitness profile thingymajig on Your Shape on the Kinect.
One thing I MUST share before I go on, I wasn't heaving and wheezing like the hubster was after he did his....of course this could be that he goes above and beyond what they ask him for as a way of torturing himself. While I do what they ask without killing myself. Now he's going to pay extra because the workouts are designed for your current fitness level. MWUAHAHA.
Anyway, I was barely able to keep up with the animated trainer. Not that I couldn't do what was asked, I just couldn't keep my movements in sync with hers, and apparently that is far more important than the fact that I was actually doing everything. I'd get my squat in sync but then my arms wouldn't, I'd get my arms and well then I wasn't squatting exactly with her. Grrr. But hey, I passed with flying colors even though I wasn't as on target with her movements as the game wanted me to be.
But today, I'm sore. All those squats and lunges and knee up/kick thingems has the tops of my legs screaming out in agony. I sat down on the bed earlier, let out a huge moan and the hubster turns to me with a wide grin and said 'now that sounded sexy'. Excuse me sir, that was not a 'come hither so we can get naughy' moan, that was an 'OH MY FREAKING GOD MY LEGS HURT AND I WANT TO SIT DOWN BUT IF I SIT DOWN IT HURTS MORE....MY GOD MY LEGS ARE GOING TO FALL OFF' moan. Nothing sexy about that babe. But apparently he thought differently...then began to laugh at my pain and reminded me that just a few days ago he could barely breath after his turn with the game and was whining around like a baby with every movement for two days.
And that's when I told him that I wasn't so pittiful after my workout, not to brag but ~sticks tongue out~ it didn't kick my ass like it did his.
I'm going to say that I'm going to try to do it again today. Try being the key word here. I know I need to, I should do it, I HAVE to do it, but I've never understood the concept of kicking your own ass into a pile of jerky painful limbs just to lose some weight. I have to psych myself up for more...and right now I'm not sure all the coffee in the house, and aspirin, is going to be enough to make me not care about how painful tomorrow will be.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!