It's Friday, it's menu day in this house. One thing I'm trying hard to plan is breakfast AND lunch and not just dinner for every day. I tend to focus on dinner, and then scramble for the other meals. And it seems that my plan has once again failed because I just sat down, went through a cook book and picked only dinner ideas.
I'll get back to you on the breakfast and lunch ideas later I guess.
For now, I just got in a new Weight Watchers cookbook 'Our Best 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes' and well I'm a sucker for new cookbooks and typically spend a month or so cooking everything that sounds good from one before I 'try' to add the best recipes in my rotation.
I say try because I have so many recipes that it's rare I make the same thing twice. I like variety, what can I say.
This week the recipes I'll be trying are:
Deep South Shrimp and sausage with cheesy grits....I'm from the South and yet I've never tried them so by golly I'm trying them now!
Spaghetti with zucchini and white beans with a mixed green salad with mustard balsalmic vinegrette.
Mongolian Beef with rice and stir fry veggies...the veggies are not part of the recipe.
Green Salsa Chicken with Cumin Corn (and most likely salad too).
I'll be posting about each recipe and hope you all enjoy them as well!!
On the menu for next week
Posted by
Nikki
on Friday, August 12, 2011
Labels:
food,
menu ideas,
recipe

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!