So last week I had a bad crick in my neck, and made a dish that lasted most of the week. No need for all the recipes I planned. Hot dog. Literally
I made Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole a Rachael Ray recipe. If you haven't made Rachael Ray, let me just say that her portions are HUGE. It says 4-6 servings, we (there are four of us) ate on this stuff for 4 days! Which is a good thing cause this recipe isn't exactly figure friendly. Hot dogs, cheese, pasta, um nope. But I paired it with a salad and steamed veggies each time. Made it as healthy as I could. My son, the reason why I have only a handful of recipes to choose from at the moment, was thrilled I made it. I was happy I didn't have to cook 4 meals. Oh and it is DELICIOUS!!
The other meals was 2 take out's (eek), one baked chicken dinner with steamed veggies and then lunch at my parents. Not an exciting week for cooking last week.
Yesterday I made homemade pizza. I know 'pizza' is a scary word in diets but if you make it yourself you'll save loads of calories. Take out pizza comes out greasy as it sits in oil as it cooks or they just use a lot of it in the dough...although I've had some that I wonder if the thing hadn't been fried. Homemade pizza does not. Take out is over loaded with cheese, homemade you chose. See? It's not so scary if you are in control of the ingredients.
I made this pizza dough recipe and it rocks! I could only find the Italian seasoning that comes with a grinder when I first made this recipe and it tastes different than the regular Italian seasoning I've had before. I prefer the grinder version. I make one pepperoni pizza (the boys pizza) and one with ham, olives, mushrooms, green peppers and onions (the girls pizza). I top both with fresh mozzarella and grate on some fresh Parmesan cheese. One of these days I'm going to try making my own pizza sauce, for now I just grab either a pizza sauce jar or if I'm feeling frisky I grab a jar of spaghetti sauce ;). I pair this with salad too and if we're feeling really dangerous totally bad for you garlic bread...shhhh it's a once a month if that thing I swear. Today is leftovers, and no one is complaining!
I'll post the rest of the weeks dinner options as we go.
Breakfast is another post in the making, and lunch is frozen lunches or PB&J's with fruit...yeah I'm still working on those meals, LOL.
Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!