Is it just me...

Or is it easier to ignore you are hungry when you don't want to eat vs when you can't eat?

I wake up around 7, and I'm not hungry until about 9 or 10.  The idea of eating before them just sounds nasty.  But then I see its close to 10, and think ok lunch is just a short time away, I'll eat then.  I'm hungry but I can deal with it, no biggie.  But let it come dinner time when I know I have to wait until the hubs gets home and if I eat anything to tide me over, it's going to take what little Weight Watchers points I have left, is torture.  Pure torture and it makes me want to grab something anyway and just to hell with me going over points.

Many days I do this.  I'll grab a handful of pretzel M&M's (my new addiction thank you very much), and I'm fine until I can eat dinner.  Then I have another handful after dinner as my dessert.  One handful can run me from 1-7 points depending on how many I manage to cram inside my hand.  When you only get 23 points a day, that adds up REAL quick.

I guess I should re-evaluate how I look at eating as I can fend of temptation if its my choice not to eat. Typically I'm not much on snacking or giving in to yummy munchies, except for when I can't do it.  I'm not an emotional eater, nor do I eat when I'm bored, I tend to eat more just because I was told not to.

Moronic defiance is what that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not starving myself.  If I were I'd be SMALLER, haha.  It just takes me that long to really get hungry and then most of the time I put it off and just eat lunch instead.  It's just easier for all of us to eat at once than at different times all day.  Plus when I share what I eat, I eat less and I don't have that Mom moment of cleaning of my kids plate.

I hate that, don't you?

For this month I guess I should start making breakfast a habit again.  Sigh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!