My favorite things

I've learned many things from Weight Watchers, and even though I'm struggling at sticking to the program every day, I still use the little tricks that I've been taught.

For instance, substitutes.  Now some of the diet or light versions of some products are just plain nasty.  I'd rather put up with full fat, full bad for me original products and just move more than consume the diet crap.

I do not like and will not drink diet soda of any kind.  I just can't, it tastes nasty to me, sorry for those who are big on diet soft drinks.  To help me with my obsession with pop, I have 1 to 2 a week.  Technically I could drink some daily, but I don't work out and move enough to work it off so I can have enough food too.

I do not like light salad dressings, ick they leave a funny flavor in my mouth.  I'll make my own before I'll eat it, and I've yet to make one that I really like.  Plus most of them aren't any healthier for you if you check the nutritional info.

I don't like light or low calorie bread, it's weirdly chewy and bland.  We get Sara Lee Honey Wheat, its 3 points for 2 slices, the low calorie/light versions are 2 points, you're not skimping all that much on points but you are totally giving up flavor.

However I do like:

Sobe Lifewater, it has 0 calories and filled with vitamins, plus it tastes really good!  I drink at least one a day so I don't get sick of plain water all the time.

Egg substitute, oddly enough this doesn't taste as bad as I thought it would.  I'll stick to the eggs I get from my parents, but in a pinch I have no issues with this stuff.

Quacker True Delight Rice snacks are FREAKING AWESOME!  I'm sure everyone has tried the rice cakes of the past that tasted like cardboard sprinkled with stale seasoning.  I was very hesitant to try these, but gave them a shot and now these are the only 'chips' we have in the house.  Bo has had the sweet ones at work, I've had the salty ones here at home. I can't personally tell you how the sweet ones taste, he says they are just as awesome, but the cheese, salt and pepper and the ranch I can tell you are TO DIE FOR!  You must give these a try.

I can't do this without mentioning Weight Watchers products like their yogurt, snacks, frozen desserts and even candy.  These are the only things we've tried and they are very very good.  Their cookies and muffins may be small, LOL, but they are tasty enough that it makes up for it.  I love soft cookies, and theirs are soft and chewy, yumm.  Their fudge pops and icecream sandwiches are really really good, if we are in an ice cream fix these are normally what we pick up.

If we don't pick up W.W. icecream, we pick up Skinny Cow. I'm not huge on icecream sandwiches, they're good but I don't know I enjoy a bowl of ice cream more. They even have the drumsticks, which we haven't tried yet, but its on my list for groceries this week.

Have you seen Silk soy milk?  Try it! I kid you not, this is awesome in cereal.  My fav is the Very Very Vanilla, it works for those cereals that aren't very sweet like the regular Special K.  It makes Special K Redberry even better let me tell you.  I don't recommend drinking it straight, I couldn't do it, but some do so to each his own.

Basically, if you have a weakness you can find a healthier option, you just have to try them to see what you like best.  I am not one for getting rid of something all together and these help me get my munchy fix every time. 

But be careful, just because it says light or diet doesn't automatically mean its better for you.  Most items are jacked up with other things to help with the taste, so ALWAYS check labels compare everything before you buy the diet. 

Tell us your healthy finds!!

1 comments:

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things!

Jennifer
http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Time for some chunky dunking! Get us wet!